Last Chance to Apply! Springboard: Media & Tech 2013
Do you know any women-led, digital media and technology companies looking for strategic relationships and investment opportunities?
Applications for Springboard's Media & Tech program are open until 28th June!
Building on the phenomenal successes of Minute Clinic, Via Cell, iRobot, Zipcar and hundreds of others in their portfolio, Springboard’s accelerator programs have presented some of the best clinical and commercial stage companies to the nation’s investment communities. Springboard has hosted 25 accelerator programs since early 2000 showcasing 500+ women-led companies that have raised over $5.6 billion in equity, grants and strategic investments.
Applications for Springboard: Media & Tech 2013 are now open! Through this community-driven accelerator, women-led companies in the digital media and technology sector are matched with a team of expert coaches and have unique opportunities to build relationships with seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and potential strategic partners.
Companies that apply will undergo a rigorous screening process before being selected to participate in Springboard’s signature program, which includes regional in-person events and a one-day intensive Bootcamp in NYC on August 21st. Participants gain exposure to Springboard’s national network of entrepreneurs, VCs, angels, industry experts, corporate investors and strategic partners.
Criteria for Applicants
- Must have a woman in a senior position with a significant equity stake
- Must demonstrate a qualified and profitable market opportunity
- Must have a track record of milestone achievement
- Must have a credible management team or ability to attract one
Four Reasons to Apply
1. National Network: 500 Investment Funds Have Funded Springboard Companies- Some of the top venture funds and angel groups have invested in Springboard companies including Canaan Partners, Venrock Associates, Flagship Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Polaris Ventures, Versant Ventures, Lilly BioVentures, ATV Capital, Oakwood Medical, Trident Capital, and hundreds more.
2. Track Record of Results- Springboard Portfolio companies include Athenix, Minute Clinic, Via Cell, iRobot, Zipcar, and hundreds of others which have generated positive returns for investors including 10 IPOs. 80% of portfolio companies are still in operation as merged or independent entities.
3. Convenience of Virtual Program Elements- Virtual screening and coaching elements of the program supplement in-person events and cut down on required travel time while maximizing exposure and connections.
4. Exposure at In-Person Events- Our applicant interviews, Bootcamp program, “Final Assessment” panel sessions and other in-person program events offer selected companies an opportunity to network and engage with Springboard alumnae entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts.
Please click here for more information and to apply.
Sign Up to our Newsletter
So you enjoy The NextWomen. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter?
You get a Letter from the CEO :-), the chance to catch up with the best of our recent articles - and some extra things we throw in once in a while.