Podcast: Social Media, Simplified
Eve Mayer Orsburn, also known as the LinkedIn Queen and CEO of Social Media Delivered, explains how your business can have an effective and efficient social media strategy.
On why your business needs a comprehensive social media strategy:
- Social media is efficient, effective, and a less costly way to achieve certain goals.
- Can create opportunities in recruiting, research, funding and partnerships.
On challenges companies encounter with social media:
- Companies don’t have clear-cut goals for social media: they don’t know why they’re doing it, they just think they should be.
- You need to ask 2 questions: What is your goal? Who is your audience? Then go after the people who are on those platforms.
- Often time management is a problem – understand that for each social media vehicle, you will need 32 hours PER MONTH to manage it properly.
On social media best practices for businesses:
- One of the biggest frustrations with social media is trying to “manage it all.” You should instead focus on the one or two platforms that make sense for your business.
- For any size business, the issue is whether you should handle social media internally or outsource. The best plan is generally a mixture of both.
- For example, do you have someone internally who is good (or could be trained) at social media? Could you outsource Twitter while having an internal person handle Pinterest, or outsource on the weekends?
Sign Up to our Newsletter
So you enjoy The NextWomen. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter?
You get a Letter from the CEO :-), the chance to catch up with the best of our recent articles - and some extra things we throw in once in a while.