Skill Transfer Programme For Women-Owned Businesses
The European Regional Development Fund has launched a programme for female entrepreneur trading in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney area of East London, offering free technology seminars to help online marketing and sales at Tower Hamlets College and Women’s Business Centre at Newham College, starting on the 11th of November 2010.
The programme aims to give female business owners the opportunity to be part of the "Innovate Her" network, for inspiration and information to help them face the challenges of the current climate:
"Unlock your creativity, spark new ideas, uncover and create new ways of doing business to change and accelerate your business"
The seminars are delivered by Lucidica, an IT company based in East London running similar technology seminars at the British Library over the last couple of years, covering the following topics:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – moving up the search engine, obtaining organic results
- Email Marketing – send professional-looking newsletters and announcements to prospects and customers
- Pay Per Click (PPC) –get to page 1 of search engine in a day, with PPC like Google Adwords
- Social Media – how small businesses extract value from Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Blogging
- E-commerce – how to easily allow customers to pay invoices or buy your goods/services online
These seminars are each 2 hours long and held on an afternoon or evening, starting at 1pm, 3pm or 6pm, and business owners are welcome to book various if not all seminars.
The project, “Innovate HER”, also hopes to maximise networking opportunities among local women entrepreneurs and small business leaders, and ensure ongoing support from Tower Hamlets College.
For further information, please call Tower Hamlets College on 020 7510 7633 or email email@example.com, or register online.
Sign Up to our Newsletter
So you enjoy The NextWomen. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter?
You get a Letter from the CEO :-), the chance to catch up with the best of our recent articles - and some extra things we throw in once in a while.