Female Entrepreneurs Join The NextWomen for their Second Paris Meetup
The NextWomen’s first networking event of 2010 took place this week in Paris, on January 5th at cafe Elgi in the 2eme. The event was hosted by Joana Picq (COO of the NextWomen) and sponsored by Pamela Poole, founder of Francophilia. A dozen women from Europe and the US, who are currently doing business in France, came together to talk entrepreneurship.
The exchange proved to be very helpful, as fellow female entrepreneurs helped each other with insights, industry tips and contacts. Among the topics discussed were:
- Best tactics to win new customers - from simple networking to linkedin, viadeo and facebook ads
- Hot-desking - how to find office space for rent in Paris, through networks, websites and startup office buildings
- How to find a good technical partner or team
- How to choose the right business structure in France - finding an accountant or “boutique de conseil” to choose from SARL, SA, EARL, etc
Here are some of the interesting ladies who joined us:
• Collette Ballou Lamotte – Founder of Ballou PR
• Egle Karalyte – Founder of InfinVision and recent Pitch-preneur at The NextWomen's Darwinian Business event
• Jacinthe Busson – Co-Founder of tKaap • Erin Berard – Founder of Ventoux Consultants • Andrea Horner – ChairWoman of Lukmef • Sabine Coulon – Founder of WELAB • Bolo Michelin – Consultant at LordAlexWork • Agnes Quillet – Redacteur Web / Member of Explorateurs du Web • Helene Perroud – Web communications consultant
This was the second NextWomen networking event in Paris (following a meetup at LeWeb in Dec09). We are currently discussing with partners and looking for sponsors to have regular meetups and some workshops and seminars in Paris in 2010.
If you do business in France we recommend you join our meetup group to receive notifications of events as they get organised.
Sign Up to our Newsletter
So you enjoy The NextWomen. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter?
You get a Letter from the CEO :-), the chance to catch up with the best of our recent articles - and some extra things we throw in once in a while.