The NextWomen Announce Their 2010 Strategy Day for Female Entrepreneurs
The CBC Centre at Sun Microsystems is set to host its second event in partnership with The NextWomen on Wednesday January, 27th 2010. Female entrepreneurs, managers, consultants and investors in the internet industry will welcome in the New Year with a day devoted to Strategy, including top web trends, and the key priorities and challenges entrepreneurs will face in the 21st century.
BOOK NOW for tickets.
The event, that is split into two constituent parts (a Strategy workshop and the evening event) includes:
Full-Day Program (3pm-10pm)
- Welcome to workshop attendees
- Blue Ocean Strategy Workshop from Natalie Turner of Entheo (4 Hands-On Modules)
- Evening Program (see below)
Evening Program (6pm-10pm)
- Welcome to evening cocktail reception attendees
- Web Marketing & Social Media Strategies
- Funding Strategies by Reshma Sohoni, CEO of Seedcamp
- Growth, Scalability and Consumer Strategy by panel of Entrepreneurs, including Wendy Tan-White, Founder and CEO of Moonfruit
- Networking with drinks and sushi
Enjoy a cocktail reception of drinks and sushi with your fellow female internet heroes, investors, business leaders and service providers while watching keynotes - on web marketing, social media, funding, growth, scalability and consumer strategies - and a panel of entrepreneurs.
Wendy Tan White
Reshma Sohoni, who joined Seedcamp as CEO from the Venture team at 3i, previously worked on the commercial strategy team of Vodafone where she worked across Europe and Japan developing marketing strategies and pricing functions. Wendy Tan White, founder, CEO and serial entrepreneur of Moonfruit and Gandi.net, has a degree in Computer Sciences and comes from a family steeped in IT history. Not only did both her parents work within the industry, but at 64 her mother still does.
As well as the 'Strategy Workshop - Focus on Value' delivered by Natalie Turner of Entheo, the full-day program also includes full access to the evening's events (see above).
The Interactive Workshop
Based on the principles of Blue Ocean Strategy - the culmination of ten years of research by Renee Mauberg and W. Chan Kim, covering over 150 strategic moves from the last 100 years of business history - the workshop will provide startups and growing companies the practical tools to gain market leadership, by identifying their ultimate value to the customer and focusing on these in order to differentiate them from their competitors. With hands-on group exercises entrepreneurs will learn from such companies as Apple and First Direct.
Entrepreneurs will learn to:
- Understand their competitive landscape “real” competition
- Map what their customers value and why they buy from them
- Cut out costs that are not adding value
- Determine the gaps in the market that are ripe for innovation
- Identify what is needed to create that will give you a competitive edge
Full details of the women involved in the event will follow shortly.
For more details visit our events page, and BOOK NOW.
Sign Up to our Newsletter
So you enjoy The NextWomen. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter?
You get a Letter from the CEO :-), the chance to catch up with the best of our recent articles - and some extra things we throw in once in a while.