Hot Lawyer 100 names many successful UK women
Many female high achievers have made it on to the list of the The Lawyer's Hot 100 of 2008, the list of UK's best lawyers, annually compiled by editor Catrin Griffiths. Among them websavvy technology and media specialists, litigators, telecom gurus, allround general counsels and money driven tax lawyers. We highlight the following:
- Maya Abu Deed, General Counsel of Bloomberg, who litigated against premature third party Harry Potter publication on the internet
- Mary Geraghty, Group General Counsel of Arcadia, who stood against Google's new advertisement policy on key words of competitors
- Sarah Priestly, tax lawyer at Weil Gotshall, who advises Lion Capital, one of the major consumer based investors (a.o. Jimmy Choo and HEMA)
- Helen Ward, family lawyer at Manches, advising Andrew Lloyd Webber and, more recently, the high profile divorce of Madonna
- Marly Didiziau, technology and telecom partner at Linklaters with a speciality in settling and ending 'bad' IT outsourcing deals
- Jenine Hulsmann of Clifford Chance, specialist in the field of telecoms, media and technology regulations
- Amali de Silva, one of the new generation of media lawyers, upcoming talent at Wiggin&Co
The full list, as well as all 35 women lawyers can be found at THE LAWYER.
Sign Up to our Newsletter
So you enjoy The NextWomen. Why not sign up to our monthly newsletter?
You get a Letter from the CEO :-), the chance to catch up with the best of our recent articles - and some extra things we throw in once in a while.